Business in Bargara
Sharing a similar climate to Hawaii means Bargara is busy most of the year and does not endure seasonal volatility. Those who have established a new business or purchased an existing enterprise in Bargara have been able to leverage off both the local and visitor markets successfully.
Well established local distribution channels mean businesses reliably receive their goods and are well supported by established transport corridors.
Agriculture supports strong growth in our area, driving tourism and employment. Our area is renowned for macadamias, avocados, mangoes, strawberries, limes, sweet potatoes, flowers, sugar cane and a vast variety of small crops. We are fondly known as the salad bowl of Australia.
The agricultural industry has been given a multi-million-dollar boost in Bundaberg and Bargara. CQUniversity Australia’s new Ag-Tech facility, opened in Bargara in October and will deliver new and innovative agricultural technologies across the region under the Hinkler Regional Deal. One of the first tenants is the Greensills Farming Group.
No matter their industry, Bargara business operators enjoy a balanced lifestyle that ensures they bring a friendly and relaxed nature to their products and customer service. Bargara is a hive of local businesses and groups.
Our local council is Bundaberg Regional Council. Their coastal agency can be found at Shop 3, 15 See Street.
- The Bargara area is proudly represented by Councillor Greg Barnes.
- Thinking of building or developing, visit
https://www.bundaberg.qld.gov.au/planning-building or https://www.bundaberg.qld.gov.au/planning-building-application-process
- Make sure you check out the area’s planning mapping, visit https://www.bundaberg.qld.gov.au/interactive-mapping-system
- For all the reasons to invest in the Bundaberg region, visit: https://www.bundaberg.qld.gov.au/downloads/file/786/invest-in-bundaberg-2020
For professional services look no further than:
- Solicitors & Lawyers – Bargara Law
- Accountants – Beachside Tax & Accounting
- Health & Beauty services –
- Service Stations – Woolworths and Bargara Liberty
- Motor Mechanics – Bargara Liberty Service Station
- Optometrist – Clear Optometry
- Bank – National Australia Bank in the
- Centrepoint Shopping Centre
- Local Transport – Bundaberg Cab Company, Shebah, Uber, Stewarts Buses, Duffys Buses
- Tourism services – Bundaberg Tourism
- Business Groups – Bundaberg and District Chamber of Commerce
Community Groups include:
- Bargara Lions Club
- Bargara Progress Association
- Bridge Club
- Mah-jong Clubs
- Bargara Beach Walkers (Heart Foundation)
- Zonta Club of Bundaberg
- Book Club
- Bargara over 50’s
- Bundaberg Writers Club
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Bargara & District Mixed Probus Club
- Bargara Friends Playgroup
- Coral Coast Men’s Shed
- U3A Bundaberg